Old 05-13-2015, 08:23 AM
Helen6869

Originally Posted by suern3 View Post
I'm thinking that if your doctor prescribed this diet for you, he must be associated with a hospital that has registered dieticians on staff who could help you with this difficult diet plan. Call the office and ask for a referral. Also, in the HyVee grocery stores here in the Midwest there are registered dieticians employed who can help people with their nutrition needs. Ask around in your area, surely there is a similar service available. I know that my DD was recently diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and her doctor told her specifically not to look on the internet at the supposed diet cures for this problem because none of that has any real effect. Most of that is just selling books.
I live in a really small town, which only has two grocery stores and neither has an actual healthfood section and very few organic foods. It's really tough to shop out of town and get non GMO foods etc. But I am at that point. I just wish we had a Health Faire nearby. My sister shops there and it's great. Thanks again for the help.