Old 05-14-2015, 01:02 PM
judykay

Originally Posted by thrums View Post
Let's me preface this by saying I was on a two day hard-driving road trip, so my mind was a bit mushy when I took my one and only quilt shop break.

I stopped by Quilts at the Marshall House in Marshall, MI (a very nice small town) yesterday. I was amazed at the quality of customer service! The fabric is set up in about 4 very large rooms and a few smaller rooms by collections. I found two fat quarters I really liked and was looking for coordinating fabric. One of the women in the shop came to my aid right away. We pulled out this fabric and that, but we couldn't find enough colors that -->I<---was satisfied with. I mentioned "If I only had a pattern it would help." So off she went to get a pattern for me. She brought one back and I said it was close but not quite what I was looking for and then I found one on the wall that suited my fancy. She said, "Well, then let's go in that direction." And we started anew. I ended up finding just what I needed using batiks instead. I also found backing for a quilt under construction.

My point is that she stayed with me the entire time, except to help her co-worker for a minute or two, while I looked at fabric. I was embarrassed I took up so much of her time. She simply said, "That's what we're here for."

So, If you are near I-69 near the Michigan/Indiana border, I definitely recommend stopping in!

www.quiltsatthemarshallhouse.com

https://www.facebook.com/QuiltsAtThe...lHouse?fref=ts

By the way.....I was there for about 2 hours! They have customer loyalty cards too.
We stopped there a few years ago on our way home from a quit show weekend and i think it was the owner and she was extremely helpful l and friendly. Wish the shop was closer as she had be a utiful large sunny class rooms that had huge windows. She mentioned that some ladies come to just sit and stitch for a day.