Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
A big shout out to the "Quilts at the Marshall House" -Michigan >

A big shout out to the "Quilts at the Marshall House" -Michigan

A big shout out to the "Quilts at the Marshall House" -Michigan

Old 05-12-2015, 05:30 AM

Default A big shout out to the "Quilts at the Marshall House" -Michigan

Let's me preface this by saying I was on a two day hard-driving road trip, so my mind was a bit mushy when I took my one and only quilt shop break.

I stopped by Quilts at the Marshall House in Marshall, MI (a very nice small town) yesterday. I was amazed at the quality of customer service! The fabric is set up in about 4 very large rooms and a few smaller rooms by collections. I found two fat quarters I really liked and was looking for coordinating fabric. One of the women in the shop came to my aid right away. We pulled out this fabric and that, but we couldn't find enough colors that -->I<---was satisfied with. I mentioned "If I only had a pattern it would help." So off she went to get a pattern for me. She brought one back and I said it was close but not quite what I was looking for and then I found one on the wall that suited my fancy. She said, "Well, then let's go in that direction." And we started anew. I ended up finding just what I needed using batiks instead. I also found backing for a quilt under construction.

My point is that she stayed with me the entire time, except to help her co-worker for a minute or two, while I looked at fabric. I was embarrassed I took up so much of her time. She simply said, "That's what we're here for."

So, If you are near I-69 near the Michigan/Indiana border, I definitely recommend stopping in!

www.quiltsatthemarshallhouse.com

https://www.facebook.com/QuiltsAtThe...lHouse?fref=ts

By the way.....I was there for about 2 hours! They have customer loyalty cards too.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:37 AM

Thank you! I take note for my possible travelling in this area may be someday, I never know!
Old 05-12-2015, 05:59 AM
Power Poster

Yes, that is a lovely shop in a lovely historic town.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:14 AM

I used to live in Battle Creek and Ann Arbor. Passed thru Marshall many times. That was 70 years ago. I am sure all has changed.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:12 AM

Oh, I wanna go! No way near me, tho.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:33 AM

I live in the area and they are like this with everyone. I stopped there last summer with my granddaughter to secretly buy some fabric for a quilt for her mom, my daughter. The staff was so patient while a 10 year old picked out colors for her mother's surprise quilt. Lovely folks, so much selection. They have everything from civil war to bright "tropicals". A sweet staff in a sweet little town of lovely old Victorian homes. Once the capital of Michigan! Come by and shop our little towns. Michigan has a good selection of fine quilt shops. You can do a mini shop hop in the area and get to about 7 shops in a one hour radius from Marshall.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:09 AM

This IS an awesome place!!!I always get that kind of service when I'm there for hours!!!! I,m always there for hours!!! lol So much to see!!!!! If you can stop in, it will be worth it!!!!
Old 05-14-2015, 06:14 AM

Glad you had a wonderful experience! I love hearing about Quilt Shops that realize that we are the reason they are in business.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by thrums View Post
Let's me preface this by saying I was on a two day hard-driving road trip, so my mind was a bit mushy when I took my one and only quilt shop break.

I stopped by Quilts at the Marshall House in Marshall, MI (a very nice small town) yesterday. I was amazed at the quality of customer service! The fabric is set up in about 4 very large rooms and a few smaller rooms by collections. I found two fat quarters I really liked and was looking for coordinating fabric. One of the women in the shop came to my aid right away. We pulled out this fabric and that, but we couldn't find enough colors that -->I<---was satisfied with. I mentioned "If I only had a pattern it would help." So off she went to get a pattern for me. She brought one back and I said it was close but not quite what I was looking for and then I found one on the wall that suited my fancy. She said, "Well, then let's go in that direction." And we started anew. I ended up finding just what I needed using batiks instead. I also found backing for a quilt under construction.

My point is that she stayed with me the entire time, except to help her co-worker for a minute or two, while I looked at fabric. I was embarrassed I took up so much of her time. She simply said, "That's what we're here for."

So, If you are near I-69 near the Michigan/Indiana border, I definitely recommend stopping in!

www.quiltsatthemarshallhouse.com

https://www.facebook.com/QuiltsAtThe...lHouse?fref=ts

By the way.....I was there for about 2 hours! They have customer loyalty cards too.
We stopped there a few years ago on our way home from a quit show weekend and i think it was the owner and she was extremely helpful l and friendly. Wish the shop was closer as she had be a utiful large sunny class rooms that had huge windows. She mentioned that some ladies come to just sit and stitch for a day.