View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Marjpf

Originally Posted by jacquemoe
Originally Posted by Marjpf
I've gone for years. There were many years when it was a really good show with a lot of innovative and inspiring quilts. The last few years have been more vendors (including ring cleaners) than quilts, but I still go in hopes of seeing that one quilt that will truly inspire me.
If you are traveling to get to Southern California, I would suggest holding out for the show in Long Beach.
http://www.quilts.com/home/shows/vie...SummerFestival
It is at least four times the size, and the last 2 years it has had some international and professional quilts that were quite amazing.
I've only been to 2 local quilt shows so I'm not familiar with how good or not so good the larger quilt shows are. Last I heard, the Long Beach quilt show is more about art quilts. Is that true?
Yes - quite a lot of art quilts, but I find it interesting to see the professionals work that is for sale. You really could take one day for looking at the quilts and an entire other day for the vendors. The only one I've been to that is larger is the Pacific International that is in the San Francisco Bay Area in October.