Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The Road to California >

The Road to California

The Road to California

Old 12-28-2010, 08:00 AM

yipeee i just found out i can go this year!!!! i went to the site for tickets and see it's $5 shipping and handling fee. does anyone know what the price of tickets are at the venue?
Old 12-28-2010, 08:19 AM

I will be going too! I love the quilt shows, I think it's so much fun to have so many quilters all together. I look forward to road to ca and the long beach show every year. I'm not sure which day im going my quilt buddy and board member always coordinate our work days so we can go together.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by dmyers
yipeee i just found out i can go this year!!!! i went to the site for tickets and see it's $5 shipping and handling fee. does anyone know what the price of tickets are at the venue?
I wonder if any of your local QS have any - ours do down here, but not sure they would up your way. Doesn't the website say?
Old 12-30-2010, 05:20 PM

I plan on going either Saturday or Sunday. It's the only show that I have ever been to, so I couldn't tell you if it was bad or good. I just know that I was truely amazed!! :shock:
You can buy tickets right at the gate, $20 for all three days, or $10 a day, no fee! Most of the quilt shops have a discount coupon. Or Ginger's Quilt shop is selling them.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
I plan on going either Saturday or Sunday. It's the only show that I have ever been to, so I couldn't tell you if it was bad or good. I just know that I was truely amazed!! :shock:
You can buy tickets right at the gate, $20 for all three days, or $10 a day, no fee! Most of the quilt shops have a discount coupon. Or Ginger's Quilt shop is selling them.
Thank you for the info, i'll wait to buy my tickets at the venue. the list of lqs on the website are no where near me, i live near fresno, ca. i'm excited this will be my first time going to this quilt show. we're going to stay the weekend in SD....fun fun!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:42 PM

OK! What are we going to do to meet up? There are all kinds of resturants in the area. Should we wear a ribbon on our purse?
Old 12-31-2010, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by rivka
I'm going! Probably on Sunday, as that's the only day I have free.
Please could you tell me what animal your avatar picture is, it is beautiful.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
OK! What are we going to do to meet up? There are all kinds of resturants in the area. Should we wear a ribbon on our purse?
A ribbon is a good idea...however, I won't be leaving the premises since it takes too long to go somewhere.

I have been to a couple shows since RTC last year and I can't remember the layout well enough to suggest a meeting place.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:10 AM

jljack, I'll be there on Thursday from 12-2pm and Sunday 10-12pm to do the White Glove service. I wish I could meet you! I won't be able to go on Saturday. Have fun!! I will be sure to buy some of your raffle tickets!!
Originally Posted by jljack
I'm a lucky girl!!! I get to go on Saturday. Our guild will have our opportunity quilt there to sell raffle tickets, so I am on the list to do White Glove service from 4:00-6:00 on Saturday. Look for me!!! And be sure you buy some raffle tickets for the Cotton Patch Quilters of Kern opportunity quilt....it's a beautiful floral applique quilt. Beautiful!!!!
:lol: