The Road to California >

The Road to California

The Road to California

Old 01-13-2010, 06:19 PM

jijack,
We belong to the same quilt guild!!!
Melanie
Old 01-14-2010, 12:06 AM

I believe the reason some vendors can't get into Road is because they are already filled up. There has to be an opening for new ones to get in. That is what I have heard.
Old 12-26-2010, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
"We really should figure out a way to meet up, maybe next year we can set up a day and place in the building. I know, we should make up a logo and print it out and wear it on our shirts so we know we are from the Quilting Board, hey, next year lets all do it!"

I think that's a great idea. Ahead of time we should coordinate a meeting place for each day of the show that more than one of us is going to be there and meet up for lunch or snack or something. I usually go both Friday and Saturday. It is really hard on me right now, I want to go so badly!!!!
I would love to meet some of you! Lunch time is always good. I will be there Wed for a class and then again on Friday I think...or Sat. If my body would agree I would go everyday!
Old 12-26-2010, 08:28 PM

I plan to go but am not sure which day. I will not be in any classes. Where do you usually eat lunch?

judee
Old 12-27-2010, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by judee0624
I plan to go but am not sure which day. I will not be in any classes. Where do you usually eat lunch?

judee
Last year was my first and I can't recall where the lunch was at but I think we just bought food from the vendors there and ate outside. So to answer your question...I guess I don't know a specific place to be a meeting place....maybe some one who is more familiar can suggest one.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by judee0624

judee
Sometimes I go and eat at the buffet in the giant tent out front. I will probably eat lunch there on Friday. But it will depend on other factors. I am really hoping to go this year.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:54 PM

Oh, yeah. I'll be there. Can't wait. It's supposed to be one of the biggest in the state. Since this will be my first time, I hope I'm not disappointed.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sew Krazy Girl
Oh, yeah. I'll be there. Can't wait. It's supposed to be one of the biggest in the state. Since this will be my first time, I hope I'm not disappointed.
Wear good walking shoes and carry a big bag for shopping. I wish they allowed those carts with wheels - it is too crowded.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:27 AM

Since I'm in N. Cal., have never been...usually go to the
Pacific N.West quilt show in Seattle every other year...will be going next year hopefully...lots of good stuff there too.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:36 AM

I'm going! Its my favorite show of the year. I love that there are lots of vendors and I always come back with ideas and a bagful of goodies. Road to California is by far my favorite show; I went to the Long Beach show this year and I honestly didn't care for it as much. Its so big and it didn't seem as organized as "Road". I didn't sign up for classes this year but I'm making that my goal for the next one.