View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Honey

I'm so glad you are doing better. Your possitive attitude has a lot to do with that I'm sure :thumbup: I had put my quilting on hold when my mother became ill. My sister put her life totally on hold and moved in with her. I helped as much as I could. After she passed away we hit a rough patch to say the least. Lack of concentration, motivation, the whole bit. I was councelled to push myself to get back to my quilting. And believe me, I did have to push. But the more I did it, the better I felt. The thing is, when you are quilting you can't worry or dwell on the negative in your life. You are focused on what you are doing. Quilting is the best "therapy" I have ever come across. The look, the feel, the smell and the action of doing something are all positives :!: My sister was not a quilter buy a beautiful seemstress. As she would say, I drug her kicking and screaming into quilting :wink: She still does her regular sewing but is now quilting some, too. She has made some of the most beautiful quilts I have ever seen :thumbup: :thumbup: God gave us fabric, needles, thread and the ability to do something with them for a purpose :D We can either wallow or we can create.