Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quiltin is good therapy >

quiltin is good therapy

quiltin is good therapy

Old 01-15-2010, 06:17 AM

So glad to hear that you're doing better!! And there are no "spelling police" on the board either!! :D
Old 01-16-2010, 11:43 AM

Good for you, minnow! Keep it up! Your spelling isn't as bad as you think!
Old 01-16-2010, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by minnow895
i had stopped quiltin for a number of years when i started back to work as an over the road truck driver i had an accident and wound up with closed head injury [brain damage] my nuroligis thought it was great that i did quilting i dose a lot of help in the memory area and it helps get back some of my orginiznalional skills spelling is still not that good yet but it will come anyway my doctor says i have made a lot of improvement just by poecing things together so if you know a person with brain damage get them quilting
This is so interesting! I have a friend who was a master teacher at the time of her illness (encephalitis (sp?). One of her children had chicken pox and that's how her body reacted to it. To make a very long and sad story short, she suffered brain damage and can no longer teach. If I can get her still long enough, I will try to get her involved. She is very active in a lot of things. She joined a line dancing group, cleans houses, and takes care of her grandchildren. She has come a very long way. She re-learned to read with her twins that were in the first grade. Nouns are her biggest hurdle. She rarely remembers my name, but it's getting better. She is very intelligent so has found ways to let us know what she is thinking. For instance, when she wants to name my son, she says something like this:"I saw your boy (son) who is my brother's good friend."
Old 01-16-2010, 04:03 PM

Minnow...I've seen the pictures you have posted of your work, it's fantastic!
I've been an OTR trucker too (team with my hubby)harder work than it seems like...did you have your accident in the truck?

I'm sure glad you survived the wreck, even if you do have some problems because of it. Sounds like you had that trucker's angel on your shoulder!

You hang in there...and keep quilting!!
Old 01-16-2010, 05:03 PM

i did not wreck the truck it was a loading accident i was a flat bedder i am not shure what happened but i was told the wind caught one of the straps i was throwing over my load and a hook end came back and caught me in the face it happened in 2007 my doc says if i don't rember now i am not going to all i remaber is standing by my trailor looking down ansd see a lot of blood on the ground this kinda of thing happens when companies push there drivers to hard i was to tired to go and get that load but my dispatcher threatened to fire me if i didnot go load it that day so i just did what he told me to
Old 01-16-2010, 05:40 PM

I think it's great that you have a fantastic attitude! I had brain surgery a few years ago and as a result I lost my right field vision (told it was permanent). I had to adjust the way I look at things and remember where things are so I don't bump into them or burn myself while cooking, I try not to drive often and it's been difficult to read. I still get really bad headaches and migraines. I thought my therapy was soduku, which I play daily, until I took up quilting. It may take me while but it is so relaxing. My sewing/dining area is set up where mostly everything is to the left of me this way I can see better and do less turning to the right to get something. Good luck to you and keep up the great work!
Old 01-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

(((HUGS))) Bless your heart!!!
Quilting IS wonderful therapy, I am glad that you are able to continue with it :D:D:D I can't wait to see more of your work!!!