View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 10:11 AM
JoyjoyMarie

I remember three quilts from when I was little: the first was a beautiful double wedding ring quilt that my Mom's Mom had made for her and Dad. It was often used as the topper for their bed. (My sis has this quilt now that the folks have passed on.) The second was a wonderful satin wholecloth baby quilt with a bunny and shamrocks stitched into it. I am not sure who made it (I suspect it was my paternal grandmother, but it is not signed). It was precious to my mom and it stayed in her cedar chest, (and I have it now in mine). The third was an unevenly patched warm, but scratchy, woolen quilt that we had around the house. Don't know who made it or what happened to it- I was intrigued by this quilt, but also harbored a dislike of it, because my skin was annoyed by the feel, and the colors were mostly dark and what seemed unattractive to me at the time. Now I am so curious about that one- would love to see it again, at this age and stage, my analysis might be entirely different. Thanks for asking - I love to review old memories on occasion, and share them with others.