Old 05-17-2015, 06:13 AM
SuzieQuilts

I have already posted my opinion about this subject on this thread, but I would like to share one of my experiences that has formed my opinion on lending. My good quilting friend called me up one day, having troubles with her Bernina 440, and she was in the middle of a machine applique class. She knew I had an extra machine just like hers that I had inherited from my mom that I kept in a case, ready to go to classes. She wanted to borrow it as it would not change the stitch on her already started project. I did not even hesitate. When she returned it, she told me that she did not like the way the tension was with the decorative thread she was using and messed with the bottom tension to get it right. I was shocked! She didn't even bother to pick up the phone and ask me. I would have told her I had an extra bobbin case in the tool box just for projects like that. I could not get the tension back on my own and had to pay for a service call. When I mentioned the problem to her, she did not even offer to pay. So that is one of the reasons I don't loan or borrow.