View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 09:26 PM
PiecesinMn

Originally Posted by quilt938 View Post
I usually go by how much I want it to determine if it's worth it or not...beautiful decals that I like and works and cabinet good I would pay $150. I posted pics of one a friend is wanting to sell (don't know her price yet) but I"m not sure I'd pay $100 for it - haven't sewn on it and it needs some bigtime cleaning I think and doubt it sews since I think the belt isn't fixed right - the decals are pretty -not super vivid IMO - but I don't know if I'd go over $100 for it - or even if I'd pay that. but I already have 2 treadles and one is another singer. for a beautiful Redeye like you described I'd probably pay $150. shoot I just paid $250 for a handcrank and no I don't think it was 'worth' that much but it had been cleaned and ready to sew and I was sewing on it and the decals were in nice condtion. I bonded with it and decided to buy it...just hope I don't bond with too many at that kind of price! but if I came across a beautiful one with nice floral decals I'd probably justify paying more since those appeal to me. if the handcrank I bought hadn't had nice decals I wouldn't have gotten it most likely. I passed on a pretty little pfaff treadle - the as-is price was $250 and it was one that wasn't as user-friendly with the shuttle and didn't have anything with it - pretty but the decals weren't vivid- they wre very faded and some were completely rubbed off. couldn't justify it..sigh...
Thanks for your thoughts.