Thread: Passing It On
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Barbm

DD has just caught the quilting/sewing bug. She just made GS some fleece pj bottoms. Other DD made pillows for Christmas gifts (I took her a machine when I visited in Oct.).

Newest DIL made 2 quilts last year and stockings. This year, took a break for her wedding. She'll be back to it soon.

My newest DIL (not until June) already sewed but learned to quilt this past fall (she didn't want me to sew, just help her through).

Last, other DD is waiting for me to take a machine I had given to me to get a "check up" and she'll start sewing.

Other DD- not a speck of "handiness" in that body. I'm sure she could if she wanted, but it is HIGH on the refuse to learn list.

My boys took "home wreck" in high school and know their way about a machine. Oldest helped me make a quilt for his fiance about 2 years ago. Other son helps me with color choice and block placement- he's very good at this. He also is my thread trimmer and fuzzy picker. :) Stepson- has an interest in terms of appreciating what his wife has learned, but I don't think I will see him near a machine.

Wow, we are a quilting family, I guess.