Thread: May Weight Loss
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 07:28 PM
Pam H

I made a quilt for my niece's baby girl. I got to see her and deliver the quilt monday. She was born 4 weeks early and had a rough time at first even though she was a big premie at 6 lbs 15 oz. I also made a table runner for a friend who wanted to give it for a wedding gift. Now I need to work on some tote bags for the church.
Quilt Market in Minneapolis was pretty awesome. The displays that some of the venders put together were very impressive. There wasn't a whole lot of things for sale that you could take home. Most things you had to order in bulk. Makes sense since it is for shop owners and businesses. I was able to buy some fabric from a couple of different places and also a thread collection from Aurofil. One of my favorite things was book signings. Many different authors/designers gave away books. I was able to stay in a friend's apartment. It was so nice and was within walking distance to the convention center and also to Nicollet Mall. I didn't really need to be there for 3 days but it was nice to spend time with my friend who flew there from Massachusetts. I was there thurs night until late sunday. Monday drove back to Minneapolis with my DD to see the new baby. Tuesday I babysat. Wed back to Minneapolis to do a shop hop with a knitting group. That was a lot of driving!
I got some new walking shoes yesterday and already have 6 miles on them.