Old 01-12-2010, 04:33 PM
stitchinMamaw
Banned

Originally Posted by Diana
Something similar on Christmas Day...
We decided to go the the country for Christmas (husband's grandmother's home) out of state. There were 12 of us staying in a small country home. We went out in the woods and cut down a Christmas tree and all the kids decorated. We kept them busy stringing popcorn and cranberries...the whole nine yards. Well the boys got restless ( ages 11 and 14) They took their new twenty two rifles and walked down the lane to a small storage barn filled with antiques to the rafters. You guessed it, The whole side of the barn, and windows were riddled with gunshot holes.....When the damage to all of the antiques was shown to them, they said they didn't think the bullets would go all the way threw the building.....Their father, a Baptist minister and his wife just shook their heads, said nothing and did not offer to pay for anything. The building belonged to an uncle, so I guessed they thought it was OK to ignore what their kids had done. These are the same kids that set fire the the church bus. Nothing was done then either. Amazing.
Omg ! That probably ran into the thousands of dollars . Some antique pieces are very pricy . And nothing was done ? Man did they get off scot free ! I wouldn't let that go . I'm not done with mine either . Annie