View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 03:17 AM
Sandygirl

I am in that category of "I did not know people still quilted!". Yes, I am ducking! Lol! I used to sew garments then quit ....about a 20 year hiatus fom sewing of any kind. Then, in 2002 I got married and moved to a rural area. A few years later I decided to make/replace the old curtains at a local museum we volunteer at. THE sewing bug came roaring back! I went shopping for a new sewing machine ( sticker shock, feature shock!). I knew there was a "quilt shop" in town. I walked in....I told the owner that I would buy everything from her that I needed to get started
(translate: not use a coupon) IF she would teach me how to quilt (piece). $200 in cutters, rulers, mat, etc. Later and a few lessons then off I went! I Never looked back! We are friends to this day and she introduced me to a world of like-minded sewist and quilters. I kick myself for not knowing about this world of quilters. But I am here now!

Oh, i have 3 quilts from my maternal grandma but I really have no memory of her. My fav aunt would hand quilt with the church ladies but at the time I was in my 20's and 30's and not interested! My mom did not like to sew. Sigh.....

sandy