View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 04:52 PM
Rosyhf

This has got to be something you can just start without spending a dime lol. With all videos on utube. You don't even need the toothbrush needle or a pattern. You can use the large yarn blunt needles to string the strips. You can do the two strip or the braided one. I really fell in love with the braided one as it shows 4colors. I will do some more tonight and I wouldn't even consider it work.

I am so glad that so many of you are going to try it. I think 14.00 for this pattern is a bit much but like I said, it doesn't have to cost you a dime if you don't have it lol. Strips can be anything. The video link I put up, she used t-shirts and it goes together well and it's soft. Cotton will be a bit stiffer but more secure on the floor, i Think.

I have some hammock hooks in my studio for my hammock. After I sewed my four strips together, I just hooked it on the that hook and did my braid, then it was easy just to go around and around in my lap. Just don't pull too tight, keep checking to see if the rug is laying flat. This rug is oval, so the braid starts that style.

Last edited by Rosyhf; 05-26-2015 at 04:57 PM.