View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 08:26 AM
vschieve

It is a myth that Macs don't get viruses. In the past years it was pretty much true, because hackers were going after the Windows Operation Systems because they way outnumbered the Macs in users hands. I learned this all from the blonde computer/technology geek in Phoenix, Kim Komando. She comes on the radio on weekends nationwide and her website is www.komando.com and it was through her website that I downloaded my anti-virus, Sophos a few years ago. The first scan put two viruses in quarantine and found an issue. And this was in 2009. Since then I have installed Window through Boot Camp being that Macs have dual processors and I needed Windows in order to communicate with my embroidery machine. Never had much of any problems on Windows XP but last August upgraded to Windows 7 Professional. And yes, viruses have crept in. I have the two year plan at BestBuy, Geek Squad, and they have had my Mac three times now since August due to Windows getting a virus. If you have a Mac and need Windows for an embroidery machine compatibility I think it would be easier to buy a cheap Windows computer.