Old 05-29-2015, 03:24 PM
mermaid

I have the same exact speed control in the above pix. Speed control and stitch regulator are 2 different things. I use mine with my Elna 7100, which is basically the same as the Brother 1500--is same as Janome 1600 (made by Janome)..I have my speed control taped to the table in front & to right of my machine. As noted, one button just does like one stitch at a time and can be used for drawing up bobbin thread. There's an on off switch, and the speed control button. I started very slowly, but soon increased speed. The only thing I dislike is taking my hand from the quilt to reach the shut off button. Several more stitches are made during that time. I do not have on-button on the machine..just foot pedal, and some days I prefer using that. I do a lot of meandering on charity quilts--if I were doing intricate patterns, then the foot control would be my preference. I bought my Gracie speed control new on ebay for $50 and very pleased with it. OH, and I think it was free shipping, but my memory is a year old, sooooo.......