View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 01:48 AM
shaverg

One of the vendors that was selling only mid arms at the Long Beach show, that had tried to get in to Ontario. We also hear it from one of the vendors selling batting.
Originally Posted by Pats8e8
Originally Posted by shaverg
The only thing I don't like about the Road2California show is they limit the vendor, so their are no duplicate products. The Long beach show you will find a lot of vendors with similar items. My friend is in the market for a Mid arm and wanted to be able to compare, we understand this will probably not be possible in Ontario. We talked to one of the Mid arm vendors last year at Long Beach and she is the one that told us she is not permitted because their is already a vendor their with Mid arms.
Don't know who told you that, but they have always had several different mid arms and long arms there. I love all the vendors, am not excited by the "art quilts" at all, I am a traditionalist I guess. I like quilts that look like quilts. I've been there every year, live only about 40 minutes away. I will be there on Friday this year, going with friends from class. We usually white glove, but are taking this year off. :)
We really should figure out a way to meet up, maybe next year we can set up a day and place in the building. I know, we should make up a logo and print it out and wear it on our shirts so we know we are from the Quilting Board, hey, next year lets all do it!