View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 04:03 PM
Leann

Hello ladies, I am so inspired by your enthusiasm. I pray that it helps motivate me this month as I go through this knee process.

Pam, how is your DD? Bless her heart for being on her feet those long days. Thank you for your well wishes. My son is in Austin, a math major @ UT-Austin and we are an hour away. We did that on purpose to be here as he is our baby and wanted to give him room to grow and be closer than 4 hours away, as he graduated high school in Houston. At the time, we had no idea what health issues he was dealing with. Surprise!

Today, finally, I got my stress test and echo-gram done, plus had my final knee xrays. My pre-op is Thursday. I discussed with my hubby about postponing this until our son gets stabilized because this puts both our care on him, but he wouldn't even consider it. This is gonna be so hard on him. I know if this is not meant to be, God will close that door.

My new laptop is eating me up. For one, it does not have an optical drive. I knew this before I bought it and learned that peripherals are more the norm. It has a splash page for apps, maybe this is standard in Windows 8.1. I was doing fine with it until the 'desktop tile' vanished. I know DH intended for me to have it while at the hospital, but I will not take that chance. I will probably like this touch screen even more once I buy a stylus. My fingertips are too fat to change tabs or hit the back key.

Have a great evening.