View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 05:12 AM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

Originally Posted by Mamagus
My sis got me one of these as part of Christmas gift this year... it falls apart every freaking time I touch it! I am thinking that I might hot glue the sections together cuz I love the way the bobbins are gripped in the little holders.

http://www.clover-usa.com/product/0/...h_Nancy_Zieman
I ordered some of these for Christmas this year. I kept one for myseld and gave some to my family members that use a machine. I LOVE that thing, but it does tend to come apart a little too easily.

Before I got the clover bobbin tower, I used the little ponytail holders that I see so many others use. I still use them on my embroidery thread spools. Well, I use them on all of my thread spools.

I think the doughnut, round, circle, silicone, rubber ring that everyone is talking about is what I bought from Connecting Threads, too. It's called a Bobbinsaver in their catalog. (Bobbinsaver...Lifesaver...) I didn't get the frosted doughnut with all the bobbins of thread, just the plain ones to hold the bobbins I already have. I like that thing pretty well, but I like the tower better. The lifesaver would work better for travel, though, or storage in a drawer.

I also ordered one of the clear bobbin boxes when I got the other bobbin holders. I had all my bobbins a small, clear organizer drawer with the ponytail holders around each, but I really wanted a place for them where they wouldn't move around all the time. I have been using the clear box for my regular thread and the tower for my embroidery threads. I ordered different kinds because I didn't know which would work best, but I like them all.

This link will show you the different ones I have mentioned, plus some that others have mentioned.
http://quilting-fabric.connectingthr...earch?w=bobbin