Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you store bobbins? >

How do you store bobbins?

How do you store bobbins?

Old 01-13-2010, 06:54 PM

I bought a couple of boxes from Clotilde a few years ago. they have foam rubber in the bottom where the bobbins fit & you can turn them over &the bobbins won't fall out! The only problem was that they were both broken when I got them but they replaced them quickly. My DH fixed the broken ones so now I have 4!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:34 PM

I tried the new bobbin tower that Nancy Zimmerman came out with. It has about 6 rows that the bobbins snap into. The thread is contained, you can see the color of the thread and there are no tails hanging everywhere. The rows are rubber disks that snap onto each other so it can stand up where ever you want it; next to your machine, in a drawer or basket, etc. Most "gagets" I buy work, but not very well. I am really impressed with this. I write on the side of the bobbin with a permanent pen the thread weight.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:38 PM

You can purchase little sticker dots at the office supply stores. I keep my bobbins in a small drawer. I pull the thread taut on the bobbin and over to the top of the bobbin and attach a little sticker dot. These hold the thread really well and many times can be reused by repeating the process. This sure keeps my bobbin drawer neat.