Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you store bobbins? >

How do you store bobbins?

How do you store bobbins?

Old 01-12-2010, 09:19 PM

I use reinforcments ...the small circles that you put on ring notebook paper ...very cheap and you get like 50 or more in a box. Just take the end of thread and tuck it under the sticky reinforcement. No loose ends....
Old 01-12-2010, 10:15 PM

I use one of those rubber rings that you push the bobbins into. It fits under the bed of my sewing machine...nice and handy, and it doesn't allow the thread to unwind.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by blahel
i keep my bobbins on my thread holder too but i keep the thread on it as well so they are always together so I dont have to look for the matching bobbin.
This is a great idea! I have a bobbin case and it is so difficult sometimes to get the bobbins out (I think the slots are too deep). I plan on using this tip. Thanks. Too bad we don't have a "tips" contest on this site. :)
Old 01-13-2010, 04:38 AM

I use the paper reinforcement rings that you use on notebook paper.I lay the end of the thread over the top of the bobbin and put a ring on it, I also use them on spools of thread that do not have the locking base. Very inexpensive and works great. Carol,ibequilting1
Old 01-13-2010, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
My sis got me one of these as part of Christmas gift this year... it falls apart every freaking time I touch it! I am thinking that I might hot glue the sections together cuz I love the way the bobbins are gripped in the little holders.

http://www.clover-usa.com/product/0/...h_Nancy_Zieman
I ordered some of these for Christmas this year. I kept one for myseld and gave some to my family members that use a machine. I LOVE that thing, but it does tend to come apart a little too easily.

Before I got the clover bobbin tower, I used the little ponytail holders that I see so many others use. I still use them on my embroidery thread spools. Well, I use them on all of my thread spools.

I think the doughnut, round, circle, silicone, rubber ring that everyone is talking about is what I bought from Connecting Threads, too. It's called a Bobbinsaver in their catalog. (Bobbinsaver...Lifesaver...) I didn't get the frosted doughnut with all the bobbins of thread, just the plain ones to hold the bobbins I already have. I like that thing pretty well, but I like the tower better. The lifesaver would work better for travel, though, or storage in a drawer.

I also ordered one of the clear bobbin boxes when I got the other bobbin holders. I had all my bobbins a small, clear organizer drawer with the ponytail holders around each, but I really wanted a place for them where they wouldn't move around all the time. I have been using the clear box for my regular thread and the tower for my embroidery threads. I ordered different kinds because I didn't know which would work best, but I like them all.

This link will show you the different ones I have mentioned, plus some that others have mentioned.
http://quilting-fabric.connectingthr...earch?w=bobbin
Old 01-13-2010, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
My sis got me one of these as part of Christmas gift this year... it falls apart every freaking time I touch it! I am thinking that I might hot glue the sections together cuz I love the way the bobbins are gripped in the little holders.

http://www.clover-usa.com/product/0/...h_Nancy_Zieman
I just fixed this problem and created even more storage! If you haven't fixed yours with hot glue, you might want to try this. I took a shish kebob skewer and jammed down the center of my bobbin tower. It was just about the right size, but I had to shove hard. I just tried it, so the long end is still sticking up, but I will probably cut it about 2 or 3 inches longer, so I can have storage for a thread spool. Then, I may cut it all off so it isn't noticeable. I don't know! I hope this helps.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:59 AM

I have a shelf where I put all my spools of thread. I then put the appropriate bobbin in front of the appropriate spool. No special storage... my goal is to keep the colors together :D
Old 01-13-2010, 11:24 AM

Here's what I do.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-64792.jpe  
Old 01-13-2010, 02:25 PM

I bought 2 of the round rubbery donuts that hold bobbins perfectly. Then I stack the two of them down in one of those large tomato pincushions. (The ones where the top lid is a pin cushion and the bottom is storage.) I get them at Hancock's when they are half price.....$2.99....the pin cushion. I love the combination of the storage and the pin cushion with my bobbins in place, to boot.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang
I have a couple boxes from the fishing tackle department that are flat, snap shut and have lots of moveable dividers inside.
I put all spools and bobbins of the same thread together in a section, so I don't try to match up threaded bobbins with spools they don't belong to.
i have a complete collection of applique thread on bobbins store in the small contaners, and the clip on holders so the thread doesn't unravel.