Old 06-04-2015, 11:38 AM
Dedemac

Default Backing for Men's ties in a memory quilt...Help

So I know someone here can give me guidance. This board has always given me good answers!!!

I have tried to search the web, no luck, so I have come to the experts here.

My father passed away last year, and we have finally gone thru his clothes and I am going to make some memory lap quilts. Dad had over 40 white shirts, and over 50 ties as well as too many plaid shirts. 95% of his shirts are button downs so I don't have to deal with any t-shirts. What I was planning to do is to make some simple 4 and 9 patch squares with sashing (most likely the white shirts). That part is no problem, what is a problem is his ties. He has some really strange ones and they are all types of fabric.

But I would like to use his ties to make one grandmother fan block for each person. After opening up the ties, since everything is on the bias what type of iron on interfacing should I use? Does any one have a suggestion? Most of the interfacing I have used in the past is the standard for dress making. I know there are many new types out there and am lost as to which one would make my life easier.

Thanks in advance.