Old 06-08-2015, 04:51 AM
EmiliasNana

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
my quilting experience is usually like a roller coaster. Starts out with wild enthusiasm, progresses to second guessing when half way done with piecing, when the top is done I usually dislike it intensely. I think I've just been looking at it too much because usually after sitting a week or two, I'm back in love and ready to quilt it. I have a couple tops I just can't get excited enough to quilt, but occasionally will pull one out to do some experimental quilting.
I'm a lot like PaperPrincess. Usually about the time I am half done piecing, I have started to investigate my "next quilt" and my attention wavers on the first. I usually plod along anyway, and by the time it is quilted, I have fallen back in love. Unfortunately, if the first quilt was ear marked for ME, and the second quilt is a "gift" or "request from the kids or their families", my quilt may sit for years before I get back to it. I have been trying for years to get my Great Pumpkin Quilt done for me, and life continually gets in the way. The only quilt I have given away unfinished was a kit I purchased and found I really didn't like the fabrics after all. This quilt went home (uncut and still in the bag) with a friend who loved it.