View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 05:15 PM
meanmom

Leann, I am praying that things go well with the second surgery.
I was in Florida in Madiera beach for the week then the wedding. Eating wasn't as bad as it could have been. We walked a ton. A long walk on the beach every morning and evening. My lowest day step total on my fitbit is today, I will only make 10,000 steps. Most other days it was at least 12,00 with my top day at 16,000 steps. We didn't have internet but I was stealing it when I could from my brothers condo. It didn't work very well.
I don't think I can ever properly describe the wedding. The rumor was that the budget was $500,000. I think they went over budget. It was completely amazing. I have never seen anything like it. Friday night was the Sangeet. They talked about the bride and groom and there was some singing and things. Of course there was alcohol. There was a drink named after them. All kinds of Indian food and some american food. Plus desserts. It was all decorated gorgeous. I had my a henna design put on my hand. Saturday they had a light breakfast (not really, tons of food) followed by the Barrat ceremony. The groom rode in on a horse drawn carriage while drums played and we all danced and marched. There was a drone flying overhead taking pictures. There were 5 photographers. The Hindu ceremony was 2 hours but interesting. Followed by an amazing lunch. There were 4 buffets, each a different theme followed by an American and an Indian dessert buffet. We had a little bit of free time so some of us went to the pool and rode the water slides. Then I had to re-do my hair etc and go to the Catholic ceremony. There were wedding planners all over with walkie talkies coordinating all of it. It was like on a tv show. OMG all of the sari's were so gorgeous. All of the Indian women had a different sari for each event. One was more beautiful than the next. I could go on for 2 pages about this wedding. The bride started Friday night in a dress and ended up in a sari. SHe had her own personal dresser/ makeup artist who was to be available to her whenever she need anything. Just all unbelievable. I will have to tell about the rest of it in another post.
IT WAS AMAZING!