View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 11:17 AM
JulieW8

I understand it works but you have to mix it with something that attracts them, like sugar. They won't eat it by itself (I tried). I am also reluctant to attract more than I already have...

I admit I used Terro liquid bait traps to FINALLY get rid of mine. It took about 3 series of baiting but the trick seems to be done. Except for the occasional outbreak of tiny tiny sugar ants - not nearly as prolonged or invasive as the Argentinian ants I usually battle - they seem to be gone for good. The baits will attract them, so be prepared - you have to just ignore them. I set the baits out before DH and I left for a 3-day business conference. When I came home, the only sign that there'd been activity was dead ants in the traps. That was February and I haven't had any trouble since.

Just as an aside - I use ammonia to kill bugs. They die quickly, dry up and are then easy to vacuum up. That's usually what I do if I find ant lines, until I can put out the bait.

For spiders, spray the areas they like with vinegar about once a week. They don't like it.

Last edited by JulieW8; 06-18-2015 at 11:20 AM.