Old 06-18-2015, 07:11 PM
vschieve

I also have this machine and I love it, it IS reliable, have had it serviced (cleaned) since I have had it since it came out. It is a wonderful machine and is also has a warranty . My recommendation is to work with your dealer on getting all issues taken care of, whether it be adjustments or parts replaced. If not, they should replace this machine for you. I took a "new owner's class" in another town, different dealer than dealer where I bought mine. I had to pay for the class since didn't purchase there, but it was well worth it. It is one amazing machine with many features you don't realize it has. OK, I just reread your post and you did get it replaced. So now go sew! Do not be afraid. Just because you got a "one in a ?" lemon doesn't mean all Pfaff Performance 5.0 are bad machines. Not fair to judge your new replacement machine by your lemon machine.

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
Pfaff Performance 5.0

If you had to do it over again - would you? No.

Has it been reliable? Absolutely NO.

Has it been picky about threads?
Hard to say. I did try several different threads, even Aurifil. I was told to use the same color thread in the bobbin as the color of the fabric on the back of my quilts to hide the poor straight stitch quality. I kid you not.

Have you had it in for repairs and/or adjustments more than a couple of times?
I bought it in early December. It went into the shop in February for the poor straight stitch. I got it back and had to take it in again the first week of March - where it stayed. I finally got a brand new replacement machine last week.

Would you still keep back-up machines?
I have several and 3 are Pfaffs. Made in Germany Pfaffs. I won't part with them, but would have no problem parting with the 5.0.

This purchase was a big deal for me. I have never bought something so expensive for myself and to have it be so disappointing kind of soured me on the machine. I am afraid to use it for fear something will go wrong with the new one.