View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 09:04 AM
DogHouseMom

I purchased a gently used Voyager 17" on a Hinty stretch frame ... paid $1200.

I made my own leaders using pillow ticking because the stripes are woven (not printed) and therefore straight. Just DON'T pre-wash it as that can mess with the straightness. I also attached zippers to both the top and bottom leaders and I load my quilt back onto the zippers. I attached my leaders to the poles by first drawing a straight line across the poles, then attaching the leaders with small dabs of duct tape making sure it was straight all the way, then laid down a long line of duct tape across all the small dabs of tape.

I can't speak to how long it took to set up because my husband surprised me by setting it up for me (by himself). He had ZERO idea how to do it, but he's an engineer and figured it out.

One word of advice ... after you set the frame up and set the machine on it, let it "settle" for 24 to 48 hours (longer if set up on a carpeted area). The use your machine to make sure it's level front-to-back and left-to-right. By "using the machine" I mean if you pull the machine in any direction, you shouldn't feel a "drag" and if you let the handles go the machine should STAY PUT ... it shouldn't roll on it's own in any direction.