View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 07:13 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

Missouri Star was paying for the postage no need for a receipt anyway. When I send anything with return paid postage, I take a photo and let the recipient know it's on it's way.
Originally Posted by Misty's Mom View Post
I got this email from my girlfriend this morning. Have y'all heard of this? I hadn't.

Went to the post office this morning to return some fabric that had been sent to me from Missouri Star. It was the wrong fabric, so I called and they sent out a substitute right away and emailed a return, prepaid mailing label to return the wrong fabric.
That went smoothly but at the post office at 9am, when they opened, there were 16 people in line and one clerk. After waiting for 30 minutes, it was my turn. The clerk asked if I wanted a receipt, of course, I did. After punching some buttons, she says to me, that’ll be $1.35.
For what, I questioned.
Her response was a shocker. “We charge for receipts now.”
I declined to pay for a receipt and am still, an hour later, reliving the incident in my mind.

Did y’all know they charge for a receipt? Next you know they’ll be charging to walk in the front door and another fee for waiting in line. Shortly after that, it will catch on with other companies and services.

I just couldn’t believe this. How to you feel about it?