Old 01-13-2010, 06:36 PM
beginnerquilter

Thanks everyone

I went to Quilting Group tonight at the church (Wed Night)that I go to now in my new city. They have a room called "Stitches" and it is a really neat room...it is for sewing, cutting, quilting, batting and loads of material, loads of batting, and you name it...they got it.

I learned tonight how to sew my squares together by Hand Stitching. There is a stitch called "Promising Stitch". This means that you are not allowed to use a Sewing Machine, you are not allowed to use any Pins whatsoever...you do everything by hand. No Pins or No Sewing Machine.

I got three of my Squares put together tonight at the Quilting Group. We have a very wonderful Teacher and I love her to death. She is so good and she is funny too..she is real orniery.

She donates material for us to use and I think that is so neat. There are about 30 us ladies who shows up every week on Wednesday Nights at the church and we cut, sew, eat, and talk and quilt. What more can you ask for right? Right!

I need to get more material for my Practice Quilt. I can't do that until next month unless the Teacher gives me some of her material that I can use.

I was in 7th Heaven tonight. Now I just need to get Stash of Material, more Rulers to use for my cutting and I'll be in 7th Heaven. Next month I'm going to do just that. Buy lots of Material and more Rulers.