Thread: Baby Quilt
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 08:18 AM
ezkwiltrV

I LOVE your color scheme. I work in a large ER department and try to make baby quilts for those coworkers that are expecting and right now, you can tell it was a long winter, fall, etc. I am always looking for new, interesting fabric and patterns for baby quilts. Sometimes I take a larger one and scale it down. I love making the smaller size because it is so much easier to deal with on the machine. I can't handle a lot of it- I have tremors and my husband cuts for me. I have just recently discovered the new "x block" template and plan to use it on my next quilt.
Do you always use just plain color? I almost always have a "theme" and sometimes I feel that it is overwhelming with all prints. Any hints or suggestions? I try to ask or hint around w/ the parents to be as to what they like or want for the nursery. One was a little girl that both mom and dad were fish maniacs and the quilt was unisex fishing until the very end when they found out it was a girl. So, it was finished in pink and purple binding. I am still a beginner after about 3 years of this- some day I'll be better. :lol: