Old 01-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Zoe

What wonderful memories. I agree with all those who encourage you to write them down, especially for your new grandchild. I am from New Orleans originally, but all my people were Landrys from the Lafayette, Louisiana area. Isn't it wonderful how those lovely quilting women in your family have left you with such memories. They stay with you forever. My husband made my mother and me a quilt frame that hung down from the ceiling. We found a photo of such a frame in an old magazine, and he was able to build one. Whenever my mother came up to Virginia to spend summers with us (when we were posted back to the States), we would lower the frame, put a quilt top in it, and mom would quilt all day. I have pictures of her doing just that. My daughter, who was only ten then, would also quilt as would my best friends. Since the quilt top was pieced by my mother's oldest sister, this quilt has three generations of the women in my family in it. I wish we lived closer so that we could get together in a quilting bee and reminisce. Thanks for such a lovely memory.