View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 09:17 PM
morganfam7

Wow! Thanks y'all! I actually think I can do this now. I'm going to try them all!

Cjsews, thanks for being so clear. I really like the oversizing strategy because I never get anything right the first time. I like the simplicity, too!

Ginger, the disk sounds interesting. I looked it up, and I found a disk at a great price. I'll give it a try. I found a video showing how to use it, too. Thanks!

Tate_elliot, I think I have books by Fons and Porter. Now I might be able to make some of those quilts! The video was very clear. That tutorial link was awesome! Thanks so much!

Thanks NJQuilter! I hope to join the ranks of triangle users soon!

mea12, thank you! The link that Tate sent has the math to get the triangle size needed:

"Math: I started with 5” squares and my HSTs were each slightly over 2” (They will ultimately finish at 1.5” in the quilt). You will lose about 1” with this method. So if you want HSTs to ultimately be 4” finished in the quilt, they would be 4.5” unfinished. You would want to start with 4.5” x 2 + 1” = 10” square. If you want 6.5” finished, 7” unfinished, you would start with 7” x 2 + 1” = 15” square." http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...s-t141047.html

ManiacQuilter, how do you starch? Spray? Thanks!