Old 06-28-2015, 05:03 AM
Misty's Mom

Originally Posted by ladydukes View Post
I'm with EasyPeasy! There can never be TOO much light as far as I'm concerned! I have two OTT stand lamps, 3 OTT table lights, 2 Ikea small lights, a big magnifying light, a ceiling fan with a light. Recently my DH installed a 4-ft. LED 2-bulb light fixture in my 8x14 sewing room closet. When we bought our house, the sewing room was already painted with one wall purple and the other three walls painted lavender. The closet was painted white.

For five years I kept saying I was going to paint and re-organize my SR closet, but my DH kept discouraging it. (Now I know why). A couple of weeks ago I told him that I was going to bite the bullet and paint. Oh my, what a disaster trying to move all of my sewing paraphernalia out of my SR closet! I have five 72x48x14 chrome shelving units in my SR closet that I unloaded so that I could install heavy duty casters on the shelving units so they would be easier to move around. I got the casters on and put the final coat of cream color paint on yesterday, including the closet. After I get everything back in the closet, I may decide to add another light fixture.

The flooring in my SR and closet is carpeted, which I absolutely hate. I've been wanting to take it out and replace it laminate for the past five years. After starting this project, my DH says, "why don't you take the carpet out of the closet and install tile?" I told him if I take the carpet out, it will all go - including the SR. I recommended that we install laminate instead because it is less expensive and easier to install (since I'm the one who would be doing the tile work myself, I know what THAT involves!)

The real dilemma is - do we go to the extra expense to remove the carpet and replace it with tile or laminate, or just leave it because I know sooner or later we will sell our house and move back to Texas.... Opinions? If you were buying a house, what would you want flooring to be? I know one thing, when we do move, I do not want one inch of carpet anywhere!
I vote for tile. We removed all the carpet from this new to us house and put tile that looked like hardwood. We love it and the realtor that sold us our house said that kind of tile is more appealing to homebuyers. It's a shame that at our age we also have to look at things we do so that they will help sell our house at a later date. Because we sure won't be changing anything we don't have too. The flooring was the biggest expense of our remodeling, but was well worth it.