View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Lori S

Having done craft shows successfully for over 25 years I can offer some advise.
1. Do not assume your bags need to be customized. I have sold hundreds of non -custom bags.
2. Pot holders sell , use your scraps for financial efficiency. I sell a few hundred every year, made from my scraps.
3. Table runners sell well , Do your homework.... see what colors are popular in the stores for decorating. Twice a year I go to several stores to see what the colors are. Stores spend lots of time selecting what colors they will select for there retail space, no reason you can't benefit from their research. Do a double check on couch colors.... often they want a coffee table size runner to coordinate with there couch/sofa. Olive, brown, and earthtones are the most frequent couch sofa colors. Gray is becoming more popular. Use some pops of color in these runners.... they are buying to give the room some pizazz. The trend is away from cutsey fabrics and more toward elegant or classic fabric.
Display of runners is the key to good sales , if you can display showing the full length , buyers are more drawn to them.

What ever you make to sell , use the most fabulous eye catching fabrics you can find. Its the colors and the fabrics that first catch shoppers eye. I can't begin to tell you how many I know who get into the craft show business, and have disappointing sales, and it started with the fabric choice. Keep in mind if it was on the clearance rack that means no one thought it was attractive enough to purchase for quite awhile (yes you can find the occasional great fabric in that bin , but be careful ask your self "why is it here" ) .
Do discuss the layout/display set up before you spend hours sewing only to find out you can't properly display on the day of the show.

Last edited by Lori S; 06-29-2015 at 09:06 AM.