View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 12:55 PM
Leann

Hello Friends,
Everyone sounds so busy. With my knees, Zumba was never an option for me. If that weren't enough, I'd sit on the sidelines with AnnaQuilts since we have no coordination. I would just look goofy.

Gayle, sounds like you are having a fabulous summer. Stay safe.

Pam, thanks for asking about my DH. He is amazing. A better cook than I, a better housekeeper than I. Poor thing has been run ragged. Last Thursday he had to get our son in Austin for a cardiologist appointment right next to the hospital that I was in. 'Cept that his appointment had been bumped to Friday. I was finally discharged after dinner on Thursday. What a circus. We have learned this month that my son & I share the same unique, abnormal (but normal for us) EKG signal.

meanmom, no, it was not planned for me to have such a long hospital stay. My insurance approved my staying between surgeries so that I could get PT. Once I was released after surgery #2, I was home less than 24 hours and they begged me to come back so that I could have PT over the weekend as my in-home care plans fell apart. I was in the hospital 18 days - I believe that if I added all the days I've been in the hospital in my life, it wouldn't come to 18 days. I did not go to a rehab facility with the first discharge, and then I was too healthy to qualify. What a wonderful label to carry.
According to all my nurses, PT ladies, and doctors, they have never seen anyone do as well with one knee replacement as I have done with both knees replaced a week apart. One nurse calls me 'show-off' and my physical therapist calls me an overachiever. I finally took a shower today without any help. Baby steps.
And Pat, when I sent my last skinnies, I included a blue for July. I hope this agrees with your records. I didn't wanna take a chance on not being able to send my FQ.