View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 08:26 AM
janRN

OK do you put the tracing paper thru your printer? I have an old printer and it "eats" the doodle pads and even the Carol Doak paper. I've used tracing paper when I hand trace a pattern. I also find my fabric kind of slips on doodle paper but not on copy paper.

I have another suggestion for new ppers to make it easier. (Please, please don't think I'm trying to come off as some kind of expert; I pp a lot and have learned some tricks thru trial and error and from other pp and just want to share). The thing that made pp easiest for me is the Add-a-Quarter ruler. It's a 12" ruler with a raised lip at the quarter inch line. After pressing a seam and folding back the paper, the lip of the ruler butts against the paper fold and you cut a perfect 1/4" seam allowance. I used to use my 6" square up ruler but I'd have to hunt for the 1/4" line, line it up, hold it steady and then cut. The Add-a-quarter ruler eliminates those steps and I haven't cut the seam allowance off since I started using it. It's less than $10 at Joanne's and about any LQS--I love mine so much I bought a second one just in case I break one. Again, NOT an expert--just have learned a lot from my mistakes so maybe I can help someone else avoid those!