Old 07-06-2015, 01:11 PM
Sewnoma

Thanks for the link Rodney! I knew those were still being made somewhere, you just saved me a search. I was dithering at $65...but like you said, half-off made it a no-brainer.

I've been hunting around to try to get info on this motor (ending up back here at one point - seems like all sewing machine searches end up back here sooner or later). There ARE some older Singer motors that look just like this but have Singer branding. I'm guessing this one isn't original - maybe a dealer upgrade?

I was hoping to find someone's blog where they'd taken one apart and maybe talked about maintenance but no luck so far. I think I've found grease tubes on it but I can't tell if it has brushes or not or where those might be. I'm a little afraid to just start unscrewing stuff.

The tension on the shuttle is cranked down really tight and the screw is badly chewed up. It has an extra shuttle but it's the wrong type...fortunately it happens to be exactly the shuttle I need for my 28 so that worked out nicely! I will then steal the screw from the bad 28 shuttle to fix this 128's shuttle... I love it when things work out.