Old 07-07-2015, 05:49 AM
Angellight

I agree with everything said here! I am one of those who chooses to dress (what I believe is) decently when I go out.
However, I have a now 25year old who told me a few years ago when I admonished him for the way he was dressed when we were going out, "People should not judge me by the way I am dressed, if they do not know me." When I replied that "First impressions count and when they see a slob they think a slob." His reply was that they were bigoted and he did not care.
We raised our 3 boys to wear a collar shirt if we were going out to eat, etc. However, they are all adults,(35, 33, and Mr. 25) and while the older 2 still dress like that when going out, Mr. 25 leaves a bit to be desired. The "personal freedom" movement has gone just a bit far in regards to dress codes. As for the remark about stores posting dress codes, people today have too many choices of where to buy including the internet, and will shop where they think they can have their freedom and "self expression." Also, my personal belief is that people have the idea that if I like it, it will look good on me. I would never think that I look good in Spandex!

Happy Day!
Susan