View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 05:12 PM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
I realize that we live in a different world. Etiquette has been redefined. New traditions are adopted.

Recently I received a wedding invitation in the mail. Included in the general info regarding the date, place, etc, it included links to their wedding website. On the site was a section to RSVP to the wedding.
There are photos identifying the wedding party complete with their names and their role in the event. How nice!

Also, a couple of gift registry links were included. Not stopping at that, there is link to the "HoneyFund" website! It gives you the opportunity to contribute money to their Hawaiian honeymoon. There are options to contribute to the airfare, the meals, activities, such as a para-sailing activity! Each category has a suggested dollar amount to start at. Your choice! WOW! So convenient!

i only wish that there was a section for the happy couple to allow you to choose a "thank you" note for the generosity of your gift giving. Perhaps it should include a secret code to be entered upon recieving their gift. This would generate an inpersonal "thank you" back to the giver.

sandy
I suppose all that info is meant to make it "easy" to choose "something that the couple can use/want"