View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 04:51 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
My husband looks at some of the youth group kids like they need him - I tried to talk him out of it but he felt it was such an honor to be asked and really wanted to be there for them. I don't think they even realize the out of pocket expense involved. A friend of ours tried to tell him he should have declined but my DH said he wouldn't do that to the bride. (He has known her since she was 9 years old - I think she is 21 now.)
I can see your husband's side. Here are kids who he helped and now out of all the people they know, they want someone who is still important to them to do this, make it personal. I also agree, they probably don't realize the cost its costing him, most young people don't and most think you have more than whats there because you learn to live in your means and not over do it. It would be great if they at least helped pay but maybe they dont' have the funds either or like I said, the don't realize the cost so therefore it doesn't occur to them to help out.

It's nice to help out and mentor these young kids and most of the time you never know if it'll be worth it in the future. You never know how someone will turn out. At least a few of these kids realized this and want that important person to share in something as important and personal as it gets, their wedding, their future. He's a good guy for doing this.