View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 02:58 AM
Sandygirl

I keep a mental note on who acknowledges gifts and who does not. If I send a gift (usually $$) and it is not acknowledged in any form, your next event gets a card only. I sent a few checks this past high school graduation season. 2/5 did NOT acknowledge my gift. One was personally handed to the graduate. I Really don't have a relationship with him so I mentally did not expect a thank you. And I was not disappointed. Heck, he barely blinked when I handed him a card. (I am sure that my gift was dissapointing!) I admit that I only gave him a card and a check because his graduation party was the day prior and I did not attend. We were at his cousins' HS graduation gathering and I had given her a card/check. She sent a preprinted photo with "thank for your gift" printed on it. At least she acknowledged the gift. My gifts are more "token". I am not giving large $$ amounts to recipients that I barely have a relationship with other than the occassional gathering. I have cut back on the value wedding gifts too. If one can drop big $$$ on a wedding, you won't miss my money. I can't compete! Lol!

Sandy