Old 07-17-2015, 01:24 PM
MaryTG

Default Help identifying the specifics of this machine

I have been perusing this board as well as the vintage sewing machine board on Ravelry and really enjoying seeing all of the wonderful old machines. In fact, I have the bug and have been keeping an eye on the Craigslist and Ebay postings in my area for a machine. The cabinet for this one has really caught my eye (and IMO, may be worth the asking price even without the machine inside). http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...121366271.html

I am not familiar with the machine in the cabinet at all, although someone has suggested that it is a badged National of some sort.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]525405[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]525406[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]525407[/ATTACH]

I understand from discussions here that Singer machines only drop into Singer cabinets, but if this Spiegel's badged machine can be replaced with a Singer 66 (which I have also been stalking on both sites) I would go for it. I have rudimentary woodworking skills myself, but have a couple of friends who have much better skills and tools than I who I could probably talk into helping any mods.

I've got a question in to the lister of this machine asking about shuttles (I think this is a vibrating shuttle machine) and needle type, but don't have a lot of faith that I will get a meaningful answer as this has been used as a table and not a sewing machine. Does anyone have any clues as to what model this might be and what it uses? If I could get it working, it might stay in the cabinet.

Thanks for any help you can give a newbie to this mania (although I did learn to sew in the 1960's on my Mom's 1880's White treadle--which she donated to a rummage sale when I was in high school because she had a new Necchi electric machine and didn't want both)
Attached Thumbnails spiegel-sewing-machine.jpg   00k0k_fem6qfkl3xd_600x450.jpg   00m0m_a11alr9p12v_600x450.jpg