Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Help identifying the specifics of this machine >

Help identifying the specifics of this machine

Help identifying the specifics of this machine

Old 07-19-2015, 11:55 AM
KLO

MaryTG, I have that same Singer 66 treadle. And you are right, it is not anything special to look at but I like that it has the seven drawers and works so well. When I bought mine, I also got a 99K from the 50's in a one drawer cabinet. They were being sold by the owner's daughter and looked to be well taken care of. I still have both of them and was thrilled at the time to get them. Good luck with the Spiegel. My fingers are crossed for you.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:13 PM

She sold it at the flea market for $100 more than she was asking on CL. Too bad I had not seen the CL ad earlier (it was out there for a month, but I wasn't looking at CL at that time). She was nice enough to call me as soon as it was sold to let me know so I wouldn't wait around for her.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by MaryTG View Post
She sold it at the flea market for $100 more than she was asking on CL. Too bad I had not seen the CL ad earlier (it was out there for a month, but I wasn't looking at CL at that time). She was nice enough to call me as soon as it was sold to let me know so I wouldn't wait around for her.
I'm sorry you didn't get it, and yes, it was decent of her to let you know. And you'll now have more money to buy a different machine with!
Old 07-21-2015, 08:39 AM

Getting that second one may be sooner rather than later. I am going to go see a 1928 Singer 127 in an oak cabinet for $120. If the cabinet looks good (it does from what I can see in the pictures, but there is no photo of the top down, so that could be all buckled for all I know) I will buy it. A 127 should be easy to get anything needed to get it working (which may not be any more than a belt and a rubber bobbin ring) and a complementary machine to my new 66
Old 07-21-2015, 07:00 PM

Polish up the wood with Howard Feed n Wax. It should almost eliminate the water rings. It is beautiful. Wish I had seen it first!
Ethel