Thread: Wool fabrics
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Bree123

Hmmm.... okay. Thanks!

I was thinking about that at one point -- how some babies don't like the feel of wool. But I've known others that really love it. I guess I figured it probably didn't matter too terribly much if s/he doesn't like the feel of it because I can always put a sleeve on it. The last quilt I made for their oldest child I spent 200 hours on, making sure to put in multiple redundancies so that it would wash well & be safe for a 1-year old. They decided it was "too pretty" for a baby to play with & that they are going to keep it for her when she's older. I have no idea why. What on earth is an older child going to do with a crib quilt? I'd rather the quilt get stains all over it than be packed away in plastic in a storage unit. So sad. Instead they got some $50 quilt from BuyBuy Baby that they use on a daily basis. I almost want to just tell them "no more quilts for your children until you start using them!".

I'll look for some coordinating flannels so it's nice and soft in the event they actually allow their youngest child to touch the quilt. Thanks!