Old 07-21-2015, 10:31 PM
Gerbie

Have you ever made a quilt with crayon colored blocks? I made a darling cowboy baby quilt several years ago using crayons. I cut my blocks from white fabric the size I wanted, had some cute cowboy /western pictures from a old coloring book,. I used my light box and fine marking pens, mostly black and traced the pictures onto the white blocks, then colored the pictures with Crayola crayons that brand worked best, then set each picture with my dry iron BE sure to use something to protect your iron- I used waxed paper and paper towels. After all block were colored and set, I sewed around what I wanted in each block, then put them together with sashing for my quilt. This is hand work and you can pick it up just where you left off each time, and when you can get to use your machine, your blocks will be ready to go. I'm doing the same with my 50 state stars blocks, just need to get back to them and finish. I already have my state blocks with the state bird, name and date each state entered the Union finished. This gives a different approach for me with my quilting and is relaxing as well.

Last edited by Gerbie; 07-21-2015 at 10:33 PM.