View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 05:40 AM
prairiegirl

Sorry to hear your bad quilt shop story.
I have my own. I've been dreaming for a new sewing machine for a couple of years. Last summer I decided I was going to get one. I got my checkbook and found a quilt shop that sold the brand of machines. It's an hour away. My daughter rode with me through a few detours and downpours. Once inside, we waited 20 minutes to be acknowledged. Then, when I told her what machine I wanted she said it wasn't top of the line. I knew that! I asked to test it out and that was a problem, but she would try to get it set up for me. She acted very cold towards me. It wasn't just me being overly sensitive, my daughter was very uncomfortable with this, too. I did get to test the machine and it was all I had hoped it would be. But, I thanked her and left with my money and the satisfaction of knowing I never had to deal with this store again.
I went into another quilt store last year an hour away and left within minutes. How dare I interrupt there little quilting bee to purchase fabric. They didn't get any of my money either.

I suppose with the shops around here if you are in the crowd you have no problems. As an outsider, don't try to cross their lines.

Sorry to rant, but it makes me upset.

I'm with those that said they don't like to hear the rantings of employees. In the old days, I was taught that the customer was to get my full attention. I always go back to another lesson I was taught. That I might be the only person that the customer might have contact with that day and I want to let it be a good one.