Old 07-28-2015, 12:06 PM
CarolinePaj

Hi Bree,

I agree about the notions.... we pay top dollar for everything in the UK.... Wadding is approximately £12.50 per metre....(about $20.00) so we get so jealous over here when we here that with coupons and discounts you can pick a whole roll up for $70.00 .

As for other notions.... It would be great to pick up items with a discount of 50%!

Maybe I need to come visit you all!!!!!

Hugs

Caroline

Originally Posted by Bree123 View Post
I'm not sure you do. Joann's fabric is composed of 2 types of quilting fabrics: very low thread density fabrics that I've literally had go thread bear just from handling them in the piecing process, and rejects from better manufacturers like Robert Kaufman that are typically either misprints or well off grain. They're great for practice quilts, not so wonderful after that. Their thread is not much better. It would shred on me all the time. I thought that's just what thread did until I bought my first spool of Aurifil. Now I'm spoiled & won't buy anything else.

Quilt Shops almost never have sales or offer coupons. The ones around here offer a 15% off coupon that you can use once per store once a year in the summer, during Shop Hop. It's a great deal, but hard to buy all the fabrics I need at one time.

I do like Joann's for notions & batting. I love it when I can get a roll of Warm & Plush batting at 50-60% off (have to order it online) + an additional 10% off of that because I belong to American Quilter's Society. I always feel like I've won the lottery. It would be nice if you had a Joann or Hobby Lobby just for the notions.