Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Price of fat quarters in your area of the world >

Price of fat quarters in your area of the world

Price of fat quarters in your area of the world

Old 07-28-2015, 04:43 PM

Local JAF: $2.49 each
LQS: anywhere from $1.50 ("older" fabric lines) to $4.50 (batiks)....love New Hampshire: No sales tax!

I also love to shop at Marden's (Maine). They do salvage (insurance settlements, closeouts, etc.) and their prices can't be beat: 75 cents for a fq! Some decent quality fabric (think Hobby Lobby quality) and some "junque" fabric. But sometimes, they have just the right color....LOL
Old 07-28-2015, 06:12 PM

I am really happy that I have my lovely stash of fabric. Anything to do with quilting has gotten terribly expensive. I live in the Northwest corner of Missouri. My favorite quilt shop is Unique Fabrics down by Craig, Missouri. Not top of the line fabrics, but Ava has all of her fabric priced at $3.99 a yard. Fat quarters are $1. I love going there, but know that in the near future Ava will have to sell out as her health is not great. I can pretty much guarantee that who ever buys her out will not sell fabric so cheaply.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:41 PM

Being the cheapskate that I am, I only get FQ when I find a good sale! Last week I found some at Tuesday Morning for $3.99 a bundle of five. These were moderate quality fabric. They also had batik jelly rolls (24 strips) for the same price of $3.99. The bundle of six (very nice fabric FQ) was $8.99. Needless to say when I went back a couple days later the $3.99 ones were all gone!
Old 07-28-2015, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by CarolinePaj View Post

Maybe I need to come visit you all!!!!!

Hugs

Caroline
Come on over! But can you bring some of that Oliver Twist thread I keep hearing about? I get jealous every time I hear of it. Keep thinking about ordering some online, but I've been burned too many times ordering threads online that aren't quite the color I was expecting.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:14 PM

The price range you mentioned looks about right, but I really don't get many fat quarters.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:46 AM

Interesting thread. As a Texan living in the UK, I'm constantly comparing US prices compared to our local prices and end up frothing at the mouth. To make matters worse, where I live (north coast of Kent, in southeast England), we have very few stores period. If I go to London or Bournemouth or somewhere else further away, I can find less expensive (slightly) fabric but we pay about US$6 per gallon for gas, so it adds to the cost. I stock up when I go back to Texas (once per year).